I was pondering the importance of Twitter in business today and came up with 3 reasons why every business needs a Twitter account. Tweet me if I’m missing anything or if you think I’m wrong!
To Improve The Image of Their Brand
- Used as a Feedback Avenue - allows the company to reply to customer feedback in a meaningful way.
- Responsiveness - allows the company to respond to complaints as they happen, rather than after.
- Public Exposure of Remedies - allows for free publicity of how the company treats its customers.
- Person Behind the Brand – allows the company to put a person behind their business creating closer relationships with customers.
- Transparency – allows the company to be completely open and honest with customers.
To Leverage the Value of The Property
- The Value of the Followers - allows the company to convey a message across an entire network of interested customers.
- Getting Closer To Customers – allows the company to go to where their customers are rather than waiting for them to come to the company.
To Provide Social Connectivity and Brand Exposure
- Spreading the Word – provides followers with the opportunity to share information about the company with their friends through the following: Retweets, Potential free celebrity endorsements, and @YourCompany showing up on millions of feeds.